Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 61 - October 19, 2016

Good morning! 
Today is my P-day.  We just finished a session in the temple.  My goodness, I feel so at peace... I told Elder Lake he would have to drag me out because I didn't want to go! Amazing. 
We had an interesting week.  Jack was baptized which was amazing.  After 15 years, the man finally got baptized!  He has changed so much, I guess that's what the gospel does right?  Brother Szary had to dunk him three times, the first time he bout smacked Jack's head against the wall and I thought for a second he was going to have a serious concussion, he survived though :) 

Well, the week started with me figuring out that my money and sunglasses were stolen out of the car while I was on exchanges.  That was unfortunate.  Learning opportunity to just not leave nice things in cars!  Also locking the car too.  That would be good.
Anywho, I was a bit flustered about that for about a bit but then I remembered what I always tell others:  "If you can't change a circumstance, why worry?  If you can change a circumstance, why worry?"  So it is what it is! 

We were blessed this week with every single one of our lessons holding, which is incredible. We are teaching a lot which is always nice. 

We have four incredible people progressing with a date and we are expecting two baptisms on the 30th!  One of whom is Beena - she is so perfect and loves the church so muchWe fasted and prayed for her and she keeps telling us, "I'm very close, very very close."  That has been an odd teaching experience with Beena.  She's lovely though.  We also are having a baptism for a 10 year old girl, Michelle Cass.  She is so smart.  I'm very impressed. 
We had eight investigators come to church this week, one of which was a family named the Conklins who we are working very closely with.  They have come a super long ways.  The mom is an inactive member and has two unbaptized children and a nonmember husband. They all came to church and loved it.  We are going to try and help the kids and husband get baptized by the end of next transfer. 

Everything is going good with the work!  Keep praying for us :-)
This week I finished the entire Bible.  I'm excited to read over it againI think I'm going to have to be a picky with a few of the things I read though, heaven forbid I'm not reading all of the Old Testament again. 

I think the scripture that stuck out to me the most as I was nearing the end of the Bible was Revelation 3:20:  "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." 

I love this verse because Jesus Christ will never force anything upon us.  He will never force happiness, joy, peace, anything.  He knocks and he waits, he waits until we humble ourselves enough to open the door -- make the changes in our lives to allow him into our lives.  I think the verse after that fits in really well, too.  In verse 21 it says:  "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." 
All of us in our individual lives have a unique set of trials and challenges that we have been given or have gotten ourselves into.  However, the ultimate trial and challenge that was given was the one the Savior was given in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. The Savior can succor or provide aid/relief to all of us in all aspects of our lives and actually commands that we conquer our own setbacks/weaknesses and promises us if we do that, we will inherit everything the Father has prepared to give us. 

I have a firm testimony that we can all overcome anything.  It takes a good mindset, a positive attitude, and most importantly faith that the Savior and his father will "handle it" if we are faithful - I love in 1 John 3:22 where it says:  "And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."  As long as we are doing what we are asked to be doing, we will receive all of the blessings that we stand in need of. 

One of my favorite versus to close is 1 John 4:19:  "We love him, because he first loved us." 

Thank you all for your support.  God bless. 

Love, 
Elder Wilde 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment