Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 74 - January 16, 2017


Hello there!

Wow, what a crazy week... We got a new companion here to serve with us as an assistant... and I have served with him before... he was also my trainer!  Elder Andrus is now an assistant with us!!!  We are so excited.  I could not believe it.. I'm so pumped.  #The DreamTeam!





This week was pretty hectic.  We had three days in a row of training.  We had all of the District Leaders, Zone Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders with us.  It was a good time.  I always learn so much from the different Elders and Sisters in the missions.  It is so rewarding to say the least. 

I did a training, or more of a discussion, on the importance of being an example towards others.  It went well, really enjoyed it. 

There is a good quote that says, "We cannot make others do the right things.  We can only show them by our example what doing the right things looks like." 
Joseph F Smith once said, "It is impossible for you to be an example of what you are not." 
I am thankful for all of the examples that I have had in my life.  I know I would not be where I am today without them. 

I also tried to discuss how our actions, even the small ones, can have such great impacts on us.  I shared a brief story that Gordon B. Hinckley told.  He said:  "I approached a large farm gate one day.  I lifted the latch and opened the gate.  The movement at the hinges was so slight as to be scarcely discernible.  But the other end of the gate cut a great arc sixteen feet in radius.  Looking at the movement of the hinges alone, one would never dream of the magnified action that came as a result of that tiny movement.
So it is with the decisions in our lives.  Some small thought, some small word, some small action can lead to tremendous consequences." 

I truly have been able to see that as we all strive to be obedient to all the commandments-- the small and the big ones--and we try to improve each and every single day, that Heavenly Father will truly be so proud of us. 

We had a great week at church.  We are so excited for how things are going things with our investigators.  Tom is doing really well, should be getting baptized in the next few weeks. We are also really excited for one of our investigators named Dan.  He came to church for the first time and just had an incredible experience--absolutely loved the YSA... everyone does. 

We had some guy from Vietnam show up, didn't speak really a lick of English, that was funny.  Anyways had some more people show up, too, just a really solid Sabbath Day to say the least, got to have a great interview with President.  That man is so amazing, closest person to God, I swear. 

We had a large lesson this last week before church, had two investigators, a recent convert and two members, and we taught on for a good chunk of it, the Atonement and repentance. I enjoyed this part as I studied the Atonement from "Preach my Gospel":  "As we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials, sicknesses, and pain.  We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation.  All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ."

One last experience that really stuck out to me this week was one that occurred in our last day of training.  We had an incredible Elder who was out on a test mission to see if he could serve a full two years--incredible, incredible person.  His first transfer he was trained by one of the best missionaries in the mission and then the second transfer he got trained by another one of the best missionaries in the mission.  Unfortunately, a few days ago he was told that he would be unable to serve a full two-year mission.  As I watched him and his trainers walk into the room, they were all three filled with tears.  They all were embracing this young missionary who was devastated that he had to go home.  They bore such strong testimonies how this young man had changed their lives.  It had to have been one of the most amazing moments I have been able to witness.  The amount of love that those two trainers had for their trainee was absolutely amazing.  I am thankful for those who strive to have charity and patience with those, even myself, who have weaknesses and flaws.  Love is always the answer.  Christlike love will never fail us. 

I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  It has changed my life.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and its amazing insights that have helped me become the person God wants me to become -- long ways to go still.

I am forever in debt to the scientists who created Advil to relax the head.

Love you all, 
Elder Wilde


















No comments:

Post a Comment