Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 92 - May 22, 2017

Hello! 

On to the last week of the transfer now, can't believe it.
John was baptized this week.  We are so proud of him.  He's got such a great heart, that is for sure. 

Teresa is doing sooo well!  She is super excited to get baptized in just a few weeks.  She's going to be a great asset to the church, to say the least.  She has so much enthusiasm, it's contagious!

Latoya and her family are doing well, the kids are SUPER excited to be baptized.  Latoya won't be able to be baptized with him due to some unfortunate circumstances, but she is still going strong.  The kids... wow.  Amazing.

This week, I got to go on exchanges with Elder Selby.  He was in the MTC with me.  We had a great time together up in Montrose. 

I was able to do three baptismal interviews this week.  I absolutely love interviewing people for baptism and listening to their stories and how they came to have a testimony.


 (Janice, who Elder Wilde did a baptismal interview with.)

I am just beyond amazed that people listen to us missionaries - especially myself, it is astounding to me, but of course I know that once they feel the Spirit, it is hard to turn back and quite frankly why would you want to turn back? 

I love in Joseph Smith History where it says:  "So it was with me.  I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart:  Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen?  For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." 

This week, we had a pretty cool experience.  We received a Bible referral a few weeks ago for a man named Daniel.  We scheduled three appointments with him, all which he canceled or wasn't there for -- go figure.  We finally got a hold of him after our last attempt and he said to come over but to a different address.  So we came over to the different address and it was his sister's place.  His sister has a son named Maurice who is 12 years old.  As we started teaching Daniel the Restoration, his nephew, Maurice, came and sat in on the lesson.  I could feel and was certainly told, "You are not here for Daniel, you are here to teach the boy," and so we shifted the lesson to teach Maurice, and this kid is so solid -- he understands the Restoration better than most adults!!!   He has been reading from the children's Book of Mormon and praying, we are so excited for him.  He will be baptized in June! 

 

Saturday afternoon, we were asked to give a talk in Sacrament the next day and Elder Sandburg spoke on faith and I spoke on Repentance.  Elder Sandburg killed it - he is such a stud.  I told the story about when I drove a little too fast on the freeway one summer as a young 16 year old boy - I'm sure my family remembers that one; anywho I tried to relate it back to the Atonement of Jesus Christ at the end because President Packer said:  “The Atonement leaves no tracks, no traces.  What it fixes is fixed. … It just heals, and what it heals stays healed.”  I think the only traces I have are a few scars from rolling down the hill, but I should be alright. 

It was cool.  I got to see some of my people from the YSA, Meredith, Vanita, and Eric went up to the PRS, came and listened to me speak in church.  It was awesome to see them, to say the least! 

Not too much else to add - I thank God for the opportunity to serve and am thankful for y'all!!! 

This describes Wilkes Barre fairly well.  LOL, love this place.
 

God bless,
Elder Wilde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment