Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 30 - March 14, 2016


Well, hello everyone.  Hope you're all doing well. 
  This week flew, we were pretty busy.  It's good to be busy though, that's for sure.  We had a Zone conference this week, I saw lots of missionaries that I knew from my my last area, including my last companion.   Anyways, it was great to see them all.  

 (Elder Tuttle with Elder Wilde, who hopes they serve together on their missions.)

 (Elder Wilde's Zone Leader in his last area, along with Elder Wilde's last companion.)
(Elder Wilde's favorite Hispanic!)
I miss Philly and all those wonderful people I worked with.  I miss my leaders in that area too, but I know the Lord has me here for a reason!  My companion gave his "dying" testimony at zone conference, he's a stud missionary.  It was funny.  We were getting a training on our area books and there was probably 90 of us in the room and they were telling us how to NOT put in information, so they put in a few Chinese characters.  They were really basic and they were like, "Don't put any stuff like this in because I guarantee no one can read this.  It's worthless."  Then they asked all of us in the room if anyone can read it (trying to make a point) and my hand just flung up and I translated it and everyone started laughing.  It was really funny.  My Spanish is getting decent haha.  I have to use it a bit to talk to Hispanics!

Seems like this week wasn't overly thrilling in terms of crazy things happening.  We are teaching a lot, which is great, but the adversary is working extra hard on ALL of our investigators.  It's tough to watch.  Things just start happening to them, family or friends that prevent them for reaching their full potential.  I've literally seen it with everyone I've worked with - they start off great and then something bad happens in their lives which really tests their faith.  It reminds me of the story of Job.  He was a great "perfect" man, but the Lord allows the adversary to tempt him so that his faith would be tried. 
 (This is an awesome Hispanic family that Elder Wilde stated:  "I think they tried to kill me with their favorite hot sauce.  Hah!)

(Excited to have worn short sleeves!)
(The Amish are everywhere!)
(Elder Wilde stated:  "Good ole Dennis Dorris!  We did some service for him, then he brought
out and showed us his "weapon of choice!")

We've begun to work with the members and now we are going to start working with two less active part member families... which is a goldmine in essence.  It was cool to set up dinners with members and the other families and watch the members do missionary work, which means way more than us doing it, that's for sure. 

I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday.  I was asked to speak on, "The Miracles that Faith and Obedience Bring."  It was great.  It was the first talk where I really didn't even look down, which I feel is a huge stepping stone for me.  Of course the greatest act of obedience ever displayed was Jesus Christ suffering for our sins in the garden and dying for us on the cross.  I was reading, "Our Search for Happiness," and it discussed why we don't wear the cross in terms of jewelry and in our house, etc. and I LOVE what it said - basically because we know that Christ lives today and that's what we need to celebrate, not his death.  Truly the miracle of the Atonement is the greatest thing we can all ask for.  Of course, it's for the sinner, but it's also for the man looking for strength beyond his own.  However, when I read the Book of Mormon, one of my favorite FAVORITE lines is where it says, "His bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people."  He is literally there for us at ALL times to support us at ALL times.  We can run to him at ALL times. 

I think we have all figured out that faith+obedience=blessings/miracles 
King Benjamin -- Mosiah 2:24  "He doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you; and therefore he hath paid you."
Section 130 of Doctrine and Covenants vs. 20-21 
"There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated--
And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."
"For if there be no faith among the children of men, God can do no miracle among them;"

Anyways, my companion and I were talking last night after we got out of a lesson and we were both like, "There is NOTHING better then being in a lesson where you feel the Spirit," and it's so true.  I could be having the worst week but then THAT lesson comes and you feel the Spirit and you walk out and you just feel on top of the world - it's a beautiful thing, really. It's the best part of the mission, you get to feel the Spirit so much. 

The new Easter initiative came out on Sunday.  It's called, "Hallelujah" ... It's nothing short of incredible.  If you don't feel the spirit on full volume you aren't human.  I would invite each and every one of you to watch it and share it via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.  Everyone needs to see it!  I got up in Priesthood and showed the video and had everyone post it online at that very moment.  Now thousands of people are able to view it!  (I'm not sure all of the men were all too pleased with me after that, but that's ok. They will work too!) 

Watch this and share this via Facebook Twitter or Instagram.



(Click on the link above for the Easter message to share with everyone you know!)
Love you all,

Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment