Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 48 - July 18, 2016

Hello, all!
 
Well, come tomorrow the Sisters are gone and we have the whole ward to
ourselves - I'm very excited.  We were preparing for it all this week,
so we were super super busy.  We taught a lot and have baptisms every
week the rest of the transfer!  We have been blessed.
 
I really don't have too much to type this week.
I did teach this Black girl this week and it was like I was back in
Phila.  I miss those people.  I forgot how funny they are.  Seriously
just so loud and laugh at everything.  I thought this one chick was
about to die of laughter.  Good times, good times.

We are excited for the temple next Sunday.  We are taking some solid
people.  


Last night we had a lesson with an inactive member and his non-
member family.  We use to go make crab pots, but finally we were like...
We need to just go be bold and teach them, so one thing led to
another and she is Catholic (but she doesn't believe it at all), so
after an hour or so, they all committed to come to the temple and take
the discussions together.  I'm beyond excited for that, Except not
excited because I may leave in three weeks :((
 
We went tracting one day and these kids had a lemonade stand, and oh
man, they were such cute kids so I gave them 5 bucks and we were just
talking for a bit and after my third cup of lemonade, they got really
sassy and said we couldn't have more? 

So we drove down the street and
parked our car and the first house we came up to I had a super strong
prompting from the Spirit that this lady was prepared and that I had
to be more bold and more persistent with her.  She opens the door and
she is immediately like, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested," and I said,
"You don't even know what we are going to say.  How could you know?"  She
replied, "I'm just done with religion and don't want anything to do
with it," and I told her, "Forget religion!  God loves you.  He loves your
family (her three kids were standing next to her) and he has a
provided a way for all of you to return to him together!  Don't you
want that?"  And she was like, "Of course I want that," so I said then,
"Please let us in and let us tell how that is possible." --So she allowed
us to come in and we taught her the Restoration and why we have temples and
talked about the scripture in Matthew 16:19:  "And I will give unto thee
the keys of the kingdom of heaven:  and whatsoever thou shalt bind on
earth shall be bound in heaven:  and whatsoever thou shalt loose on
earth shall be loosed in heaven."  Anyways 20 minutes later, she thanked
us and said she wants us to come back and wants to learn more.  Pretty
cool!
 
We had interviews with President this week, he's awesome.  That guy is
soooo filled with the Spirit it's crazy.  He's incredible.  His wife
lived in the Walnut Creek and he lived in Concord.
Well, I'm loving it and excited to continue to work!  I love this work!
 
One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon.  Christ visits the
people here in the ancient Americas in his resurrected body and he
tells this to them:  "Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust
your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the
nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God
of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the
sins of the world."
 
His invitation and short and simple is, "Arise and come forth unto me."
Wherever you are and whoever you are, he will take you at that very
moment and help you.  "Thrust your hands into my side, feel the prints
of the nails in my hands and in my feet."  He invites us to try to
understand what he has done for us, the pains, the trials and the
heartache he went through because he loves us and wants to help us.  "I
have been slain for the sins of the world."  Lastly, because of Christ we
can all return to our Father in Heaven.  The path is not always the
easiest and not always convenient, but it is always worth it.  I'm
thankful for the Savior and his Atonement.  I love to study and feel
the Spirit as I come to understand more and more of what he has gone
through for each one of us.  Because of him, we can do all things.

Happy bday, Elder Drake.

Love you all,
Elder Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment