Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 88 - April 24, 2017

Hello from the City on a Hill -- good ole' Wilkes-Barre. 

WAYYY up north.  What an........... interesting place to say the least.  Pretty run down, economically depressed, odd city -- I LOVE IT!  The scenery up here is to die for and I'm actually online 45 mins to an hour from the Priesthood Restoration site! 

It was so sad to say goodbye to Elder Andrus, I miss him so much already!  


 
After I dropped him off at the airport, we went back to the airport a few hours later to pick up the new Goldens! 

The new missionary I am training is named Elder Sandberg.  He is from Grantsville, UT.  He is 20 years old, a solid tennis and basketball player, which means the basketball lineage continues on.  He's a great guy.  I was blessed.


It has been quite the experience already just watching a brand new missionary grow and learn - its pretty remarkable.  Makes me think a lot about my early days as a young buck in South Phila.  Wow I was prideful.  Sorry, Elder Andrus. 

We have been blessed by miracle after miracle in only three days here in Wilkes Barre.  We have found a few families with so much potential.  We invited three other individuals to be baptized and they all said yes.  We have a firm baptism this upcoming Saturday as well! Elder Sandberg is definitely on cloud 9 - as am I.  It is quite a powerful feeling watching your brand new companion invite someone to baptism for the first time.  He about tackled me after the lesson he was so hyped. 

We are taking one of our new investigators to the Priesthood Restoration site on Tuesday which we are super excited for. 

Meredith spoke at the recent convert fireside on Sunday and absolutely killed it -- once again.  I was able to Facetime into it and watch it.  Amazing experience. 

James E Faust once said:  "I wish to speak about the greatest event in all history. That singular event was the incomparable Atonement of our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. This was the most transcendent act that has ever taken place, yet it is the most difficult to understand.  My reason for wanting to learn all I can about the Atonement is partly selfish: Our salvation depends on believing in and accepting the Atonement.  Such acceptance requires a continual effort to understand it more fully.  The Atonement advances our mortal course of learning by making it possible for our natures to become perfect.  All of us have sinned and need to repent to fully pay our part of the debt.  When we sincerely repent, the Savior’s magnificent Atonement pays the rest of that debt."

Sincerely,

Elder Wilde

 Elder Wilde wrote:  "Elder Andrus got home last week and gave his homecoming talk on
Sunday. Pretty cool that Bracken was able to see him"


No comments:

Post a Comment