Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 99 - July 10, 2017

Hello!

Wow, what an amazing last week it was here in the grand city of Wilkes-Barre, PA!  This week flew by in the blink of an eye, I swear!
 
Monday, I had my last ever District Meeting.  It was awesome.  I loved being a District Leader for such a great group of individuals. 
 
 (Elder Wilde and Tai.  He is so proud of how strong in the gospel Tai is!)
 (Elder Mitchel with Elder Sandberg and Elder Wilde)

Tuesday was obviously 4th of July.  We watched fireworks off of someone's deck and ate well that evening 🙏 
 
Wednesday, I had my departing interview with President Randall.  He is the most incredible man.  Honestly, I can't wait to see him up on the pulpit in Salt Lake in a few years. 
 
Friday, I had my departing temple trip with all the missionaries leaving this transfer.  That was amazing.  President Randall and the Temple President spoke to us before the session began and wow -- incredible experience. 

Saturday, I went back to the temple again with the stake and did baptisms and then another session -- that was once again wonderful. 
 
Sunday, I went down to Philly again and baptized Rachel, who was one of the investigators I taught in the YSA when I served there.  It was such a remarkable experience. 

 (Meredith and Rachel)

I honestly could not have asked for a better ending.  Brother Fletcher drove all the way from Maryland to Wilkes Barre -- 10 hours of driving total.  Couldn't be more thankful for him.  Love the Fletchers. 

 (Brother Fletcher)
 

I am so sad to leave Elder Sandberg.  We had such an incredible time together. 

 (Elder Wilde calls Elder Sandberg, "My little son."  He was Elder Sandberg's trainer.)
 (Elder Wilde entitled this:  "We out here Reapin' !")

This week we have our departing missionary experience at the mission home on Tuesday, and then I will spend the last week of my mission in Cherry Hill!  I am so excited to go back and see everyone!!!
 
All is well - I will send my very last full time missionary email next Monday!!
LOVE YOU ALL. See you soon!

Elder Wilde






No comments:

Post a Comment