Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Week 100 - July 17, 2017

Friends & Family,

I simply want to express my thanks and gratitude for your support and love these past two years.  I truly could not have done this without you. 
This has been an experience, time, and journey that would be impossible to ever forget. 
I couldn't be more blessed to have been sent to the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Mission. 
I love South Philly, Rising Sun, Cherry Hill, YSA, and Wilkes Barre.  I love each companion, each member, each non-member that I was able to come in contact with -- I learned SO much and have become someone I never thought I ever would. 


The Gospel & Atonement of Jesus Christ are the most REAL, POWERFUL, and DIVINE gifts.  I would be completely lost without them both. 
The Book of Mormon has helped me repent and has changed and brought new perspectives, principles, and peace into my life that I have not found anywhere else. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only true and living Church of Christ here on the earth and has the power, the authority to seal families together for time and all eternity... is there anything greater than knowing that?

In John 16:33 it says:  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."  I am sure of MANY things, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that if you want peace in this world, it will only ONLY come through following the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

To close, I share a small poem I read months back that explains where I was before and because of my mission -- It has put Christ at the center of my crossroad. 

"He stood at the crossroads all alone,
The sunlight in his face.
He had no thought for the world unknown--
He was set for a manly race.
But the roads stretched east, and the roads stretched west,
And the lad knew not which road was best;
So he chose the road that led him down,
And he lost the race and victor’s crown.
He was caught at last in an angry snare
Because no one stood at the crossroads there
To show him the better road.

Another day, at the self-same place,
A boy with high hopes stood.
He, too, was set for a manly race;
He, too, was seeking the things that were good;
But one was there who the roads did know,
And that one showed him which way to go.
So he turned from the road that would lead him down,
And he won the race and the victor’s crown.
He walks today the highway fair
Because one stood at the crossroads there
To show him the better way."

These were days never, ever, to be forgotten.

In faith, 

Elder Parker Wilde 

P.S. HOMECOMING INFORMATION

I will be speaking in Sandy, Utah on July 23rd at 9245 South Quail Run Drive, Sandy, Utah 84093.  Starts at 1 pm. 
I will be speaking in Danville, CA on July 30th 2949 Stone Valley Road, Danville, CA 94526.  It starts at 10 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment