Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 53 - August 22, 2016

Greetings :)

What a splendid week we had here!  Friday I hit my year mark.... It
didn't feel any different, not sure if was suppose to or not.  I
celebrated with a good night's rest :-)

Elder Holden and I have been so blessed these past two weeks, the work
is going very well!  We are so excited for how things are going.



I was able to go on an exchange this week with a brand new missionary
in our Zone.  We had a great time!  He serves in a walking area, so when
he stepped foot in the car, he about passed out everywhere we went!
I role played with him basically the whole day when we were driving,
walking, etc. He expressed a little frustration not feeling adequate
and what not, and I just remember what the apostle Paul said:  "And my
speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power"

I expressed to not rely on your own wisdom but just trust the Lord and
the Spirit will lead and guide us in what to say and when to say the
words that we will be filled with.  We had a great day and even had
someone commit to being baptized!

We had a special leadership training our mission president conducted.
It was nice to see my previous companion + zone leader ++ other Elders
I've worked with in the past.








We focused on a section of scripture in the D&C (121) and many of you
are familiar with it, but it discussed the importance of having Christ
like charity and being virtuous, true and faithful at all times.  I
learned a lot and recognize that I definitely have things I need to
work on to better be able to serve others.  Sometimes I get caught up
and just think why are missionaries doing this or that or hitting this
standard or that standard when I need to be focused on building them
up and helping them learn from themselves - same thing goes for daily
life though!  Build others and help them see the good of themselves,
inspire them and they will achieve great things!

One of our investigators named Beena (I mentioned her last week, she
is getting baptized on 9/11, and I'm pretty sure she's from
Pakistan...) is super solid.  We taught her the Plan of Salvation this
week and she was just taken back--so happy to have learned the truths
that we teach how families can be together forever and how we can
receive certain ordinances for people who have not had that
opportunity to do so they, too, can live with God.  She is so filled with
the Spirit.  I love listening to her bear her testimony.  It is so sweet
and so pure!



The highlight of my week was last night, our very last lesson.  We are
teaching this 30 year old guy and a 10 year old girl and we taught the
first lesson, the Restoration.  It was a super powerful lesson (as they
always are when teaching the truth!) and at the end, we asked this
young girl what she thought of the message and she replied something
along the lines of:  "You missionaries are so young (coming from a 10
year old) and you leave your families and go places you've never been
and talk to people you've never met, people get upset with you and
don't listen to you... People should be thankful for what you are
doing for helping them learn about Jesus.  I'm thankful for you".  I
think that made my entire first year!  Sweetest thing ever... 😪


We had many other amazing things happen this week, but I just want to
share how thankful I am for the amazing things I've learned and who
I've become this past year and am so excited to continue to serve and
do everything I can this next year.  I love this work, I love the
Savior and his father and am so grateful for the gospel.

Love you all,
Elder Wilde

P.s. We saved a raccoon... It fell from a tree inside of a dumpster
and after ten minutes of poking and jabbing we were able to help it
climb inside of a box and then we scooped him out and let him run free
:))

No comments:

Post a Comment