Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 50 - August 1, 2016


Hello there, everyone!

Can't believe it's August already... Wow.  We have transfer calls this
Saturday.  I'm ready to go and help/serve a new area, but it will
definitely be bittersweet.  I do love this place and have seen a lot of
great things!  

We are very excited for Destiny to be baptized this
upcoming Sunday.  She is amazing!
We are hoping to take Amy to the Washington D.C. Temple either this
Saturday or next Monday.
 
We had a great week.  We were able to confirm Josue and Siclali in
Sacrament Meeting which was so awesome.  Everyone in the ward is so
happy to see that family back in action, they are wonderful.
 
Thursday was pretty cool - a few weeks or so ago one of the members of
our church was unable to get off his couch because something went
wrong in his spine and he literally couldn't move a muscle.  He was in
enormous amount of pain and it was so sad, such a sweet guy.  He's
worked all his life - anyways, he went to tons of doctors for tests
and he had no cartilage and so they gave him meds and they just
weren't quite sure what to do to help him.  So his wife prayed that she
would get some help for her husband and that he would get better.  That
night we prayed to know what we should do for our upcoming day and we
felt strongly to go and see that family - so we did and we gave him a
priesthood blessing.  So long story short--we came back this last
Thursday and it was smiles all around and he was walking and ready to
go back to work and had his strength - he and his wife both were so
thankful.
 
I know that as I've been strengthening my own faith and doing my best
to stay worthy to hold the priesthood, that I can be a vessel in the
Lord's hands.  I've been blessed to see people be healed several times
during my mission and it has strengthened my own testimony so much.
I'm grateful to hold that power and authority from God.
 

 
Here is a funny story - we were talking to this atheist guy and he was
just going on and on and on about all this nonsense and he was like,
"This spider right here is more useful than you are!  It can spin webs,
it helps the environment, and spiders are beautiful creatures.  Can you spin
webs like those spiders?"  I was like, "Not that I know of.  I know
Spiderman can, though, so that's pretty cool" ... He didn't like that.
I thought it was witty.  Anywho, that was an interesting conversation.
 
I'm currently studying in depth the Book of John which is incredible
(my favorite book in the Bible)!
One chapter that really touched me was John Chapter 10 - which
discusses how Christ is the Good Shepherd and how he will always
protect his sheep and will find all those who are lost and help bring
them back to him.  Anyways, I won't go into depth but it was beautiful
imagery just to think about Christ keeps all of us safe as we come
unto him and how we can be protected from the Law of Justice (the
wolf) by coming unto him and utilizing the atonement.

Other than that I read a great poem I'd like to share
 
Does the journey seem long,
The path rugged and steep?
Are there briars and thorns on the way?
Do sharp stones cut your feet
As you struggle to rise
To the heights thru the heat of the day?
Is your heart faint and sad,
Your soul weary within,
As you toil ’neath your burden of care?
Does the load heavy seem
You are forced now to lift?
Is there no one your burden to share?
Let your heart be not faint
Now the journey’s begun;
There is One who still beckons to you.
So look upward in joy
And take hold of his hand;
He will lead you to heights that are new--
A land holy and pure,
Where all trouble doth end,
And your life shall be free from all sin,
Where no tears shall be shed,
For no sorrows remain.
Take his hand and with him enter in.

Love you all, thank you for your prayers and support.

Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment