Saturday, August 22, 2015

First E-Mail Received from Elder Wilde - August 21, 2015


It’s Your Son!


 Hello, Hello!
It isn't my P day today, but they gave us the chance to write home for a few minutes to let you know that I am alive!  It has been a crazy three days to say the least... I literally have no time to myself, we are CONSTANTLY doing something which I am actually happy about because if I wasn't occupied, I would probably think about home, friends, family all that kind of stuff and get somewhat depressed. 

I am SO lucky, I have a sweet MTC companion.  His name is Elder Wagner.  He's pretty chill.  I am in a residence with four people which include myself.  The other two people we room with are WAY sweet.  I actually like them so much, they are so fun.  Their names are Elder Nebeker and Elder Smith.  Both really fun guys.  They same to be enjoying time with me as well.  We are all constantly laughing and smiling.  They also make jokes with me and what not.  It's been such a good time.  I was seriously so nervous that I was going to get called to a weird MTC companion and then room with weird people, but I definitely got what I wanted haha. 

I am seriously starving through the day.  We hardly get anytime for food and then by the end of the day, we are all SO exhausted and hungry, so we all go to the vending machine and get the crappiest food, but it feels so nice at the end of the day lol. 

Anyway, these past three days have been honestly so great.... I literally have worked the hardest I ever have.  I have been so on top of everything and have learned so much... It's incredible the amount of things you can learn and feel in such a short period of time.  I told my companion and other elders I room with, "I made a choice to come here, leave everything behind, so if I am going to do this, I am going to do this right and work my butt off so these two years go by fast."  

Anyway, I have to e-mail my mission president, so i have to go, but I hope you guys are having a wonderful time in Tahoe.  If you want to send me any food..... that would be more than lovely lol.  Also, I leave for Philly next  Monday, the first of September.  In a super big rush right now - gotta go! 



LOVE YOU



- Elder Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment