Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 1 - August 25, 2015


Wowowowowow!!!  What a week.... 
It's seriously been so crazy.  I have so much to tell you guys, I literally don't even know where to start..... and they give us so little time that I don't know how to fit it all in. 

Umm, okay, so I have never worked so hard in my life in one week... the amount of things I have learned is just insane.  I spent so much time on the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, baptism, and just like reading Book of Mormon and have found so many amazing scriptures that have helped me get through the week... 

WE had an investigator yesterday.  Her name is NY and she is from Madagascar.  She is attending some community college in Utah.  She had a Mormon friend that invited her so that she should learn more because she had so many questions.  She is from Catholic background...

Okay, wait it's seriously so hard e-mailing you guys because I literally have so much to say.  I don't even know what to say haha. 
Okay, so we met with NY and had an hour.  My companion and I met with her, and I planned the whole lesson, and I was so pumped to teach because I worked so hard and was just so ready... I literally just got in there and was like WHAT'S UP?  How are you?  l got to know her for like 20 minutes, just asked so many questions, talked to her about my life, and we were SO comfortable.  I just love her!  She's so awesome and sweet.  Anyway, I wanted to teach her about baptism.  I started talking to her about the similarities between the Catholic church and Mormon church to kind of build a foundation of trust between us and what not. Anyway, then I talked to her and wanted to know how she was baptized and what not, so she told us, and then we basically went over how we are baptized

Priesthood authority
All the way under the water
Holy Ghost

Read some great passages from the Book of Mormon to her.   It was so sweet!

Ummm, then my companion out of no where was like, "Will you get baptized in two weeks?" and I literally was SO mad because I was like pouring my heart and soul into this lesson and was killing it and she was so into it and feeling it, and then he asks her to get baptized and she was like, "Ummm, no, I'm sorry.  I'm not going to do that this is my first lesson, and I was likE ... "OKAY, so I think what my companion was TRYING to say was we invite you to be baptized when you know the things we teach you are true and you have faith in this church (something along those lines) and she was like, "Ooh, that makes so much more sense.  Thank you for saying that because I'm not ready."  I was like, "Oh, yeah, of course.  We want you to know this is true before you do that.  Anyway, so we had like 5-7 mins in the lesson, and I wanted to talk about the similarities between the Bible and Book of Mormon, but that the Book of Mormon has the restored truth of this gospel,  and my companion was like, "No, Elder Wilde.  It's time to close this and end with a prayer, and I got SOOOo mad in my head... I was like, "No, Elder.  I think we have a few minutes."  He was like, "No, we need to end with a prayer," and I was like, "Let me just finish with something, so I basically told her about the Bible and how some of the truths were taken out of it due to the apostasy and the prophets being killed off and how Joseph Smith restored the gospel and then was like "Okay, the Book of Mormon has the RESTORED and full truth," and I said so much other stuff, but anyway, I was like, "I invite you to read the introduction, 3 +8 witnesses and testimony of Joseph Smith.  I gave her a Book of Mormon, she accepted the invitation, and we are meeting with her again on Wednesday.  GET THIS. . . okay so after we ended with a prayer, we went outside and my companion was like, "That was so risky of you asking her to read the testimony of Joseph Smith," and I was like in my head,  "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! YOU ASKED HER TO GET BAPTIZED...!"  I was so frustrated.... ummm,

Anyway, we, also, have a fake investigator named Jim that we have had two lessons with and both went great.  Taught about the Plan of Salvation because he had some friends pass away and wanted to know about afterlife and what not.  KILLED that lesson.  It was awesome, and then we talked about the restoration the next lesson we had with him.  We invited him to read the same things, so we gave him a Book of Mormon, and yeah, that was awesome, good practice. 

Okay, I'm sorry my spelling is SO bad, but I'm just ranting to you guys 'cuz I love you and want to tell you so much.  Okay, you guys need to go read some things for me.  So, when I got really frustrated one night and was missing home, and the other Elders in my dorm read this poem, that will help you through hard times... It's called "He's Been There Before" by Elder Whittle... literally spoke to me so much and I was just, "Ugh, I loved it so much... youll see why...
 (Click on the link above to read the poem Elder Wilde is talking about.)

Okay, and then on Sunday devotional, we listened to an Elder Bednar talk he gave at the Missionary Training Center on Christmas called, "The Character of Christ," and I was just like, "WOW wowoWWOWOO O, I love this so much...."  It talked about helping others and just putting people before you and like serving and how loving others can go so far.  Yeah, I just changed from that and was like, "Wo, I love this so much... the MTC is so much fun.  I love all the Elders and don't want to leave them..."

I met the guy Morgan Smith is friends with.  His name is Elder Tuttle, and then I met the kid the Jensen girl knows.  His name is Elder Mounch.  We are all are like best friends lol.  We hang out 24/7.  I'm so close with both of them, and they are both going to Philly.... literally I have been doing companion switches to hang out with them.  We all go work out in the morning and talk about life and stuff.  It's way chill haha. 

 (Elder Wilde with Morgan Smith--their Bishop in Danville's daughter, who is going to Portugal and is, also, in the MTC)
(Elder Wilde, also, ran into one of his mother's best friend's son in the MTC.  He is going to Taiwan on his mission.)
Ummm what else...... today is obviously my PREPARATION DAY.  I went to the temple and honestly after studying so much, I understand so much more of what is taught there.... I just understood it... it was awesome, what a lovely time. 


 

 

 Okay, so next Tuesday morning, I'm going to the airport from 6-9 AM  and they are letting us call somewhere between that time, so please be awake 'cuz I'll be calling you guys!!!  I'll be calling Mom 'cuz I know her number by heart lol.

Umm, I've been writing in my journal every night.  I've been taking the most amazing notes. My notebook is like art, you seriously need to see it haha.....

Umm, super duper miss music... like every night me and my elders and other elders throughout the day when we need a break... we all just rap together LOL.  It's so funny, but it's the biggest stress reliever and we talk about sports and stuff... it's so fun.  
 
The thing that sucks here is the food... I HATE the food... it's horrible..  Also, we have three teachers who rotate... and there is one teacher i LOVE whose name is Brother Clark.  He is SOOOO chill....... I love when he teaches because he connects with us and makes it fun and actually cares about us.  But again I'm trying to become patient with the other two teachers, but ugh it's so hard...

Okay, so I must admit prayer is the biggest day maker.... literally like I was, "oh, yeah, everyone just says that but, NO wow.... it makes my morning and makes my night.... and every other second of the day.  I do it all the time and it's awesome. 

I seriously miss all you guys so much, and my dogs.   Oh, my gosh!  I miss them so much......... and friends, but I'm not focused on that at all during the day, just at night before going to bed and all of us Elders are talking about life back at home.  It's good to take a step back into reality and just you know like talk about things, relieves so much stress.... 
 
Anyway, there is so much I could tell you guys more about it, but I have so many other people to write.  I love you guys, and I hope you all have a great week.

REMEMBER, I'M CALLING TUESDAY!

Elder WILDEEEE!!! !<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment